Lampton Welding Supply Co. Inc. was officially started October 1, 1946, by Marcel L. Lampton in his garage in Wichita. After two temporary locations, the Company built its permanent home in 1952 at 601 N. Washington in Wichita. As business grew we added more Team Members and presently have 82 Team Members.
On July 17, 1975 a branch was opened in Salina, Kansas in a rented building. In 1979, a new building was built by the Company at 109 S. Broadway in Salina.
In 1985, Marcel L. Lampton retired and the 2nd generation, Marvin E. Lampton, took over.
In 1986, the Company assisted in founding a new Corporation, Compressed Gases Inc. which is now owned and operated by Doug and Brad Lampton.
In 1988, the
Company started making acquisitions to fuel growth. The following
are some of those acquisitions:
July 1, 1988 Airco Service
Supply in Oklahoma City, OK
On October 1,
2004, the Company opened a branch store in Ponca City, OK and on
January 1, 2007, the Company opened a branch store in Clinton.
On July 1, 2007
the Company bought an existing store owned by Wichita Welding. The
Company continues to expand and grow by sticking to the basics. That
means working hard, working smart and taking care of the CUSTOMERS.
We distribute compressed gases, welding equipment and supplies, and industrial machines and supplies within a 100 mile radius of our stores
|©Copyright Lampton Welding Supply|